The term “British Liver Trust” or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 6 Dean Park Crescent, Bournemouth, BH1 1HL. Our charity registration number is 298858 and our company registration number is 2227706. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
British Liver Trust reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions from time to time by updating this page. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
The use of this website is subject to the following terms:
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice. Professional, medical or other advice should be obtained before acting on information contained on this site as no responsibility can be accepted by the British Liver Trust as a result of action taken or not taken because of the contents. It is your responsibility to ensure that any treatments, products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements in consultation with your doctor(s) or healthcare professionals.
- We endeavour to keep the information up-to-date and correct, but we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, timeliness, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, opinions, services or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose or that of information contained within the websites of organisations listed on and/or linked to from this website. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore entirely at your own risk.
- Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of the British Liver Trust. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them. Reliance on any information in such websites is subject to the websites’ own terms and conditions and entirely at your own risk.
- You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- This website and its content is copyright of the British Liver Trust - © British Liver Trust 2011. All rights reserved.
- Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
- You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website. Nothing contained on the website shall be construed as granting any licence or right to use any trade marks without the prior written consent of the British Liver Trust.
- The British Liver Trust acknowledges Stock.xchng for the supply of some of the images on this website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without the British Liver Trust’s prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
- Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, the British Liver Trust takes no responsibility for and will not be liable for the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Additional conditions relating to the use of the Trust’s Forums
These additional terms govern all activity on our message boards. In using the message board and our site, you agree to be bound by them.
Your Registration Obligations
- In consideration of your use of our site and message board, you agree to: provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself where it is required when filling out our registration form; and notify us immediately of changes to your registration data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If we have reasonable grounds to suspect that any information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we may suspend or terminate your registration.
- You may choose a user name which will be used to identify you in postings. Have fun with your user name by all means but vulgar or offensive names will constitute a breach of these rules. If you are offended by another user's screen name, please e-mail us immediately. Similarly if you are unsure about whether a username you would like to use may breach these rules, e-mail for advice.
- If you choose to provide optional registration details, these will appear in forum posts. Please remember that our message board is designed to appeal to a broad audience. Accordingly, it is your responsibility to determine whether any use you make of it is appropriate for a child.
- Do not post content that names or links to material that contains any information about any person under the age of 18, individual healthcare professionals or confidential information.
- Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the site including any data, questions, comments, suggestions or the like is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary information.
- You understand that all data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials ("Content"), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated. This means that you, and not the British Liver Trust, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post or e-mail via our message board and our site.
- We do not control the Content posted via the message board and therefore do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. Under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any Content, including (without limitation) any errors or omissions in any Content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of your use of any Content.
- You agree that you must evaluate and bear all risks associated with the use of any Content including any reliance on its accuracy or completeness.
- You also understand that by using our message board and our site, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable.
- You agree you will not use the message board or any part of our site to:• upload, post or e-mail any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;• harm minors in any way; impersonate any person or entity, falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity (including the British Liver Trust) or disguise the origin of any Content;• "stalk" or otherwise harass another or collect or store personal data about other users;• upload, post or e-mail any Content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;• upload, post or e-mail any Content that infringes any intellectual property rights of any party, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters" or any other form of solicitation or any Content that contains computer viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment;• disrupt the normal flow of dialogue or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users' ability to engage in real time exchanges;• violate any applicable national or international laws or regulations.
- You acknowledge that we do not pre-screen Content but that we shall have the right (though not the obligation) in our sole discretion to move, modify or remove any Content that is available on or via the message board or our site generally without prior notice. If you are offended by or object to any Content, please notify us through our complaints procedure firstname.lastname@example.org
- You grant to us a worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence (including the right to sub-license) to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display any Content (in whole or part) you upload, post or e-mail and/or to incorporate such Content in other works in any form, media or technology.
Indemnity and Liability
- You acknowledge these terms act as a general release of the British Liver Trust (and its officers, directors, agents and employees) from any liability to you for any claims, loss or damages arising out of or in any way connected to your use of the message board and this site and that all such liability is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Particularly, you acknowledge we shall not be liable to you for any direct or indirect loss or damage, including consequential loss and loss of profits, goodwill, business opportunities or data, whether arising in tort (including negligence), contract or otherwise, arising out of or related to your use or inability to use this message board or our site or based upon your reliance on the information presented, even if you have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Nothing within these terms limits or restricts our liability to you for death or personal injury resulting from the British Liver Trust's negligence or that of its employees or agents.
- You agree to indemnify and hold us and our subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, officers, agents or partners harmless from and against any direct or indirect loss or damage (including consequential loss and loss of profits, goodwill or business opportunities) arising from any third party claim whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise in relation to any Content you upload, post or e-mail on or through the message board or our site, your use of them or your breach of any of the provisions of these terms.
- As soon as we are made aware of activities which breach these terms prompt action will be taken. If you witness such breaches on the message board or anywhere else in our site, please notify us immediately.
- On being made aware of any such breaches, we may ban, delete or prohibit any Content which relates to those breaches or which we judge harmful to individuals or the rights of the British Liver Trust or any of our affiliates, licensors or partners.
- We reserve the right to take whatever action we deem necessary to prevent such breaches including the following:• breaches we deem in our absolute discretion as minor may result simply in a warning to you;• or breaches we deem in our absolute discretion as serious may result in your automatic suspension or permanent ban from the message board and our site generally.• All incidents will be logged and our decision is final in all such cases.
- In addition we may at any time move, modify or remove any Content or take further legal action as a result of breaches or suspected breaches of these rules, any applicable laws or regulations or where our rights or third party rights are threatened or infringed.
- Our failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these terms shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right.
- If any part of the terms is unenforceable, invalid or illegal (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability, validity or legality of any other part of these terms will not be affected or impaired in any way.