Chief Executive Officer
Hours: Full time/ permanent
Salary: Circa £70K
Location: Office or home-based within easy travelling distance of the Bournemouth office and London
The British Liver Trust is seeking to appoint a new Chief Executive who will lead and grow the charity, will continue to develop Love Your Liver as a national prevention and early detection campaign and who can deliver the strategy and vision of the Board.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate:
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience at Director/CEO level or equivalent
- Experience of leading the development and delivery of a mid to long-term strategic plan
- A proven record of successful charity fundraising
- Excellent financial acumen and a detailed understanding of charity finances and the legal and constitutional responsibilities of a not-for-profit organisation
- A proven record of driving financial and operational growth
- A track record in providing, developing and sustaining services
We are seeking a confident, dynamic and engaging individual with excellent communication skills and presence to provide highly effective and inspiring leadership. An understanding of and affinity with health issues would be an advantage as well as an ability to lead technological change through digital technology and social media. The post holder will be articulate and influential and be proficient at presenting to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders and partners.
The successful candidate will need to be within reasonable travelling distance of the office and visit regularly. However the Charity is happy for the role to be home-based and it would also be advantageous to be within easy travelling distance of London.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual. If you feel you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, we very much look forward to hearing from you. Please submit your CV, with a supporting statement, to Jenny Warner, Managing Director of Charisma Charity Recruitment - firstname.lastname@example.org quoting our reference JO1588 or through the Charisma Charity Recruitment website.
Closing date for applications is 27 November 2018
1st / 2nd Interview dates: 14 and 17 December 2018
If you are interested in volunteering for us then please visit: Volunteering at British Liver Trust