Help us find the thousands of people with liver disease who have not yet been diagnosed
Love Your Liver Week 19-25 June 2017
Liver disease is the third most common cause of premature death in the UK, and numbers are continuing to increase. It is the only major cause of death still increasing year-on-year and kills more people than diabetes and road deaths combined. At the moment three quarters of people are diagnosed in a hospital setting when for many it is already too late.
Love Your Liver is a British Liver Trust campaign to raise awareness of the risk factors of liver disease and improve early diagnosis and screening.
You can support Love Your Liver Week by:
- Putting up posters or distributing leaflets. Could you put up a poster in local shops, libraries, GP waiting rooms, community centres? Are you a healthcare professional – could you put up materials in your local hospital?
- Hosting a liver health information stand in your workplace, local community, hospital or sports centre.
- Selling Love Your Liver Raffle tickets
- Make a donation to help fight liver disease today
- Running a fundraising event in your area. We have lots of ideas – from coffee mornings to sporting challenges
- Posting details on Twitter or Facebook including a link to our screener
Order Love Your Liver resources here
Love Your Liver ‘on Tour’
|This year, our Love Your Liver Roadshow is touring the country in a Mobile Unit. Screening teams will be visiting ten liver health hot spots in England, inviting people to come along for free liver health checks and helping and supporting those who need it. Later in the year we will be visiting other areas of the UK.
If you would like to volunteer at one of our events then please get in touch.
A liver health check is quick, painless and could just save your life.
In June we will be visiting:
Monday 19th – Sunderland
Tuesday 20th – Scunthorpe
Wednesday 21st – Blackpool
Thursday 22nd – Salford
Friday 23rd – Wolverhampton
Monday 26th – Nottingham
Tuesday 27th – Bristol
Wednesday 28th – London
Thursday 29th – Southampton
Friday 30th – Poole
Click here for venues and further details