Help us find the thousands of people with liver disease who have not yet been diagnosed
Love Your Liver all year round
Liver disease is the third most common cause of premature death in the UK, and numbers are continuing to increase. It is the only major cause of death still increasing year-on-year and kills more people than diabetes and road deaths combined. At the moment three quarters of people are diagnosed in a hospital setting when for many it is already too late.
Love Your Liver is a British Liver Trust campaign to raise awareness of the risk factors of liver disease and improve early diagnosis and screening.
Love Your Liver by:
- Putting up posters or distributing leaflets. Could you put up a poster in local shops, libraries, GP waiting rooms, community centres? Are you a healthcare professional – could you put up materials in your local hospital?
- Hosting a liver health information stand in your workplace, local community, hospital or sports centre
- Making a donation to help fight liver disease today
- Running a fundraising event in your area. We have lots of ideas – from coffee mornings to sporting challenges
- Posting details on Twitter or Facebook including a link to our screener
Order Love Your Liver resources here