We publish guides and factsheets on a range of liver diseases. All our patient information is written by, or rigorously assessed and reviewed by, medical specialists in their field or other health care professionals.
Leaflets are written in clear and straightforward language, using a minimum of clinical terminology, which is explained when it is used.
Donations are essential to allow us to review and update our publications, ensuring they contain the latest information and advice.
- Single publications can be downloaded for free from here.
- Hard copy single or bulk publications orders can be made from here.
Our guides are reviewed by lay readers before publication – people with first-hand experience of liver disease. Their views and suggestions ensure the guides reflect experience of diagnosis, treatment and aftercare. Not everyone will have the same experience, and the same treatment is not available across the country. We include upcoming treatments, treatments available elsewhere and research information, so that our leaflets can empower as well as inform people affected by liver disease.
If you are a patient, carer or health care professional and would like to help by reviewing one of our publications, please contact us on 01425 481320 or email email@example.com.
The British Liver Trust is committed to:
- Producing high quality health information and social guidance for the prevention and treatment of liver conditions in adults
- Ensuring that all the information is rigorously assessed by professionals against our publications standard criteria, and meets the requirements of our guidelines
- Continually reviewing and updating all information materials, to ensure content remains relevant, accurate, evidence based, balanced and written in clear understandable language
- Ensuring that all those involved in producing the information are aware of, and comply with, our publication guidelines and the requirements of our standard
- Maintaining accurate records to ensure adherence to the standard by all those involved in producing the information.
Endorsement from British Association for the Study of the Liver (BASL)
On behalf of BASL I would like to strongly endorse the British Liver Trust publications and information leaflets. They provide information that a healthcare professional can build on with their patients and essential information to help carers fully understand liver conditions. The information available is both comprehensive and disease specific. It provides explanations of what liver tests are and what it is like living with liver disease, including what a patient might expect when undergoing a liver biopsy or scan, and even includes practical information relating to insurance, mortgages and employment. The Trust’s publications support patients themselves and healthcare professionals in the management of their patients.
Dr Graeme Alexander, BASL President
We can only keep our guides and factsheets free to patients thanks to donations
To donate today please click here